Written Appraisal Report
Required for Estate Tax, Charitable Donation and Insurance scheduling.
A written appraisal assignment includes:
- Survey of your property or collection to determine which works need an appraisal.
- On-site inspection and documentation of collection
- Color photograph of each work.
- Description of each work (following the Getty Descriptive Standard).
- Research of current market, artist’s biographies, careers, and sales.
- Collection of all pertinent information for intended use to determine appropriate type of value – insurance scheduling, estate planning or taxation, damage and loss claims, charitable donation or for your personal use.
- Delivery of a bound, illustrated and annotated report, and/or PDF report with value conclusion fully explained and prepared in accordance with the most current edition of The Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
Fees may be structured on an hourly basis, or at a fixed rate. A retainer of one half the estimated total cost of an appraisal and a signed contract is required before any work is begun.
Asset and Collection Management & Estate Planning
Our services include:
- Collections management (create an inventory database, assessment of condition and recommendations for conservation for the proper care of your artwork).
- Asset management (assistance with sale and donation, arrange storage and shipping).
- Estate planning (inspection, documentation of property, market research, and verbal communication of value conclusions).
The consultation fee is based on the current hourly rate, and/or commission. Please give us a call to discuss your needs.